|Historical and Current Perspectives
- Evelyn Witkin - "Looking Forward, Looking Back"
- John Cairns - "Genetic Toxicology: An Over-Rated Hazard?"
- Bernard Strauss - "The Stability of the Genome"
|Protein:DNA Interactions Influencing Genotoxicity
Session Chair: Samuel Wilson
- Samuel Wilson - "Templating Mechanisms for Selection of Incoming Nucleotides by DNA Polymerase ß"
- Sylvie Doublie - "Crystallographic Studies of Fidelity in DNA Polymerases"
- Tom Ellenberger - "Structure and Mechanism in DNA Base Excision Repair"
- Laurence Pearl - "Getting U Out of Your Genes - Mismatch Repair by MUG/TDG"
Discussion Leader: Greg Verdine
|Interaction of MMR and DNA base lesions
Session Chair: Peter Karran
- Peter Karran - "Interactions between mismatch repair and DNA lesions: involvement in drug sensitivity"
- Margherita Bignami - "Processing by Mismatch Repair of Methylation and Oxidative Damage"
- John Essigmann - "Interaction of Proteins with Platinum-DNA Adducts: Functional Consequences"
Discussion Leader: Thomas Kunkel
|Transcription coupled BER and NER
Session Chair: Philip Hanawalt
- Philip Hanawalt - "How DNA Lesions Affect Transcription"
- Priscilla Cooper - "XPG: A Human Bivalent Transcription-Repair Coupling Factor"
- Steven A. Leadon - "A Role for BRCA1 and BRCA2 in Transcription-Coupled Repair"
- Alain Sarasin - "TCR in Some Human DNA Repair-Diseases: Evidence for UV-Induced TCR in Humans and for 8-oxoG TCR in Cultured Cells"
Discussion Leader: Leon Mullenders
|DNA Recombination and Genomic Stability
Session Chair: Penelope Jeggo
- Penelope Jeggo - "Response of Cells to Radiation Induced DNA Damage"
- James Carney - "Molecular Interactions of the hMre11/hRad50 Complex"
- Ashok Venkitaraman - "Genetic Analysis of BRCA2 Function"
Discussion Leader: Miroslav Radman
|Meiosis: Crossover Between Basic Biology and Risk Evaluation
Session Chair: Sheila Galloway
- Sheila Galloway - "Practical Problems in Risk Evaluation for Genotoxicity"
- Terry Ashley - "Of Synapsis and Recombination and RAD51 and Whether Pigs have Wings"
- Rhona Borts - "The Many Faces of Mismatch Repair in Meiosis"
- Michael Shelby - "Topoisomerase Inhibitors, Mutations, and Recombination in Meiotic Cells of Mice"
Discussion Leader: Julian Preston
|Inducible Responses and Signal Transduction
Session Chair: Graham Walker
- Graham Walker - "Inducible Responses to DNA Damage, Checkpoints, and Translesion Synthesis"
- Zvi Livneh - "In vitro Reconstitution of SOS Mutagenesis Reveals New Mechanistic Insight"
- Noel F. Lowndes - "Controlling the Cellular Responses to DNA Damage"
Discussion Leader: Bruce Demple
|Genome Alterations: Adducts and Mutations
Session Chair: Kenneth Tindall
- Kenneth Tindall - "Genes, mutations and sequence spectra in genetic toxicology"
- Dimitri Gordenin - "Risks Associated with DNA Motifs and Genetic Polymorphisms"
- Gerald Holmquist - "Endogenous Lesions as the Grist for Spontaneous Mutations"
- Lawrence Marnett - "Chemistry and Biology of DNA Damage by Malondialdehyde"
Discussion Leader: William Thilly
|Genetic Susceptibility and Molecular Epidemiology
Session Chair: David Hunter
- David Hunter - "Polymorphisms in Hormone-Metabolizing Genes and Breast Cancer Risk"
- Frederica Perera - "Environment-Gene Interactions Elaborated by Molecular Epidemiology"
- Bruce Ponder - "Molecular Epidemiology of Breast Cancer"
Discussion Leader: Doug Brash