Applications for this meeting must be submitted by June 28, 2014. Please apply early, as some meetings become oversubscribed (full) before this deadline. If the meeting is oversubscribed, it will be stated here. Note: Applications for oversubscribed meetings will only be considered by the Conference Chair if more seats become available due to cancellations.
GRS Speaker Abstract Deadline: Although applications will be accepted until the date noted above, any applicants who wish to be considered for an oral presentation should submit their application by April 26, 2014. Please refer to the Application Instructions section below for more details (if available).
The Green Chemistry Gordon Research Seminar will be held in conjunction with the Green Chemistry Gordon Research Conference
. Those interested in attending both meetings must submit an application for the GRC in addition to an application for the GRS. Please refer to the Green Chemistry GRC web page for more information.
The Gordon Research Seminar on Green Chemistry is a unique forum for graduate students, post-docs, and other scientists with comparable levels of experience and education to present and exchange new data and cutting edge ideas.
The focus of this meeting is on novel research in Green Chemistry, with an emphasis on industrial applications (but all interesting and innovative topics using a green chemical approach are welcome to be submitted). This second GRS on Green Chemistry is an excellent chance to build a collaborative network within the Green Chemistry community, working together towards a better, sustainable future.
The meeting will feature approximately 10 talks and 2 poster sessions. All attendees are expected to actively participate in the GRS either by giving an oral presentation or presenting a poster. Therefore, all applications must include an abstract.
The Chairs will select speakers from abstracts submitted by April 26, 2014. Those applicants who are not chosen for talks and those who apply after the deadline to be considered for an oral presentation will be expected to present a poster. In order to participate, you must submit an application by the date indicated in the Application Deadline section above.
- Introductory Science Session: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Poster Session I: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Dinner: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Evening Science Session: 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Breakfast: 7:30 am - 8:30 am
- Morning Science Session: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Poster Session II: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Lunch: 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Concluding Science Session: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Evaluation Period: 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Program for related GRC begins: 6:00 pm
A preliminary list of GRS program components is displayed below. The detailed program is currently being developed by the Conference Chair and will be available by May 26, 2014. Please check back for updates.
- Speakers: To be selected from submitted abstracts
- Discussion Leaders: Prof. Martin Atkins (QUB, UK), Dr. Ning Yan (NUS, Singapore), Prof. Ah Hyung (Alissa) Park (CU, USA), and others (to be selected from submitted abstracts)
- Keynote Speakers: Dr. Ji Qi (Merck): "Development of Innovative, Greener Manufacturing Processes"; and Dr. Xiao Zhang (WSU, USA): "Catalytic Oxidation of Biorefinery Lignin"
- Mentorship Component: "On the Marriage Between Academia and Industry", a Career Strategy Panel featuring Ji Qi, Martin Atkins, Ning Yan, Ah-Hyung (Alissa) Park, and others (to be announced at the later stage)