Applications for this meeting must be submitted by July 5, 2014. Please apply early, as some meetings become oversubscribed (full) before this deadline. If the meeting is oversubscribed, it will be stated here. Note: Applications for oversubscribed meetings will only be considered by the Conference Chair if more seats become available due to cancellations.
GRS Speaker Abstract Deadline: Although applications will be accepted until the date noted above, any applicants who wish to be considered for an oral presentation should submit their application by May 2, 2014. Please refer to the Application Instructions section below for more details (if available).
The Vibrational Spectroscopy Gordon Research Seminar will be held in conjunction with the Vibrational Spectroscopy Gordon Research Conference
. Those interested in attending both meetings must submit an application for the GRC in addition to an application for the GRS. Please refer to the Vibrational Spectroscopy GRC web page for more information.
The Gordon Research Seminar on Vibrational Spectroscopy is a unique forum for graduate students, post-docs, and other scientists with comparable levels of experience and education to present and exchange new data and cutting edge ideas.
The focus of the meeting is to bring together young experimentalists and theoreticians working at the frontiers of modern vibrational spectroscopy. A special emphasis will be placed on spectroscopies that probe the structure and dynamics of molecules in gases, liquids, and at interfaces.
The meeting will feature approximately 10 talks and 2 poster sessions. All attendees are expected to actively participate in the GRS either by giving an oral presentation or presenting a poster. Therefore, all applications must include an abstract.
The Chairs will select speakers from abstracts submitted by May 2, 2014. Those applicants who are not chosen for talks and those who apply after the deadline to be considered for an oral presentation will be expected to present a poster. In order to participate, you must submit an application by the date indicated in the Application Deadline section above.
- Introductory Comments: 3:30 pm - 3:45 pm
- Introductory Science Session: 3:45 pm - 4:30 pm
- Poster Session I: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Dinner: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Evening Science Session: 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Breakfast: 7:30 am - 8:30 am
- Morning Science Session: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Poster Session II: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Lunch: 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Concluding Science Session: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Evaluation Period: 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Program for related GRC begins: 6:00 pm
A preliminary list of GRS program components is displayed below. The detailed program is currently being developed by the Conference Chair and will be available by June 2, 2014. Please check back for updates.
- Speakers: To be selected from submitted abstracts
- Discussion Leaders: To be selected from submitted abstracts
- Keynote Speakers: TBA
- Mentorship Component: “Beyond Graduate School”, a career panel featuring speakers TBA