The 2021 GRC on Cancer Genetics and Epigenetics will highlight the new developments, challenges and opportunities in precision cancer medicine. The conference will focus on emerging technologies and analytical computational methods deciphering mechanistic insights from the studies of individual cancer genome and epigenome leading to drug discoveries and novel precision therapeutics. Heterogeneity of cancer and evolutionary trajectory of cancer will be explored in the context of genetics, epigenetics as well as genome topology, enabled by modern technologies including single cell genomics and CRISPR-based genome and epigenome engineering tools amenable to studies in tumor samples. An emphasis will be put on the emerging roles of non-coding genome and epi-transcriptome in cancer, and how they inform novel therapeutic strategies. Challenges in designing future generation cancer genomics studies and integrating large cancer genomics data will be addressed. This meeting should appeal to a wide range of cancer researchers, molecular biologists, and bioinformaticians seeking to apply the latest genetics and epigenetics discoveries to their work to cancer. In addition to an outstanding set of invited speakers, there will be several interactive poster sessions, one minute "poster preview" talks and several talks selected for platform presentation from the submitted abstracts.
The conference will consist of nine sessions, on the topics listed below. The conference chair is currently developing their preliminary program, which will include the names of the invited speakers and discussion leaders for each of these sessions. Please check back regularly for updates to this information.
- Keynote Session: Integrative Cancer Genetics and Epigenetics in Precision Cancer Therapy
- Cancer and Non-Coding Genome
- New Technologies to Interrogate Cancer Genome, Epigenome and 3D Chromatin
- Transposable Elements and Immune Response
- Intratumoral Heterogeneity
- Cancer Systems Biology
- Beyond the Tumor Cells: Microenvironment and Macroenvironment
- Translational Epigenetics: Detection and Therapy
- Cancer Genome, Epigenome and Epi-Transcriptome Engineering