Sunday, Feb. 16
Surface Chemistry-The State of the Art
- Bruce Koel -- Opening Remarks
- Discussion Leader-- Emily Carter
- Bob Madix "Imaging Surface Reactions"
- Matthias Scheffler "Advances in Theory (DFT) for Surface Reactions"
Monday, Feb. 17
Structure, Bonding and Spectroscopy
- Discussion Leader -- Read McFeely
- Neville Richardson "Influence of Orientation and Crystallinity on the Reaction of Multifunctional Molecules with Metal Single Crystal Surfaces"
- Yuji Okawa "Atomic Scale Chemical Reactions on Metal Surfaces Studied by STM"
- Pat Thiel "Surfaces of Quasicrystals: Structure and Oxidation Chemistry"
Structure, Bonding and Spectroscopy (cont'd)
- Tony Hess "Theoretical Studies of the Structure and Reactivity of Oxide Surfaces"
- John Yates "Photooxidation Chemistry on TiO2"
Tuesday, Feb. 18
Reaction Mechanisms, Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Discussion Leader --Francisco Zaera
- David King "Adsorbate-Substrate Bond Energies and Adsorbate-Adsorbate Interaction Energies from Single Crystal Adsorption Calorimetry"
- Kristen Fichthorn "Macro Scales with Atomic Details: Advances in Modeling Surface Dynamics"
- Jingguang Chen "Unique Surface Reactivities of Transition Metal Carbides and Nitrides"
Reaction Mechanisms, Thermodynamics and Kinetics (con't)
- Wayne Goodman "Physical and Chemical Properties of Metals Supported by Oxides"
- Andy Kummel "Chemical Selectivity in Interhalogen Chemisorption on Semiconductors"
Wednesday, Feb. 19
Complex Surfaces and Environments
- Discussion Leader -- Janice Hicks
- Mike Weaver "Linking and Comparing Surface Science Phenomena in Vacuum and Electrochemical Environments"
- Peter Stair "Ultraviolet Raman Spectroscopy of Zeolite Catalysts Under Reaction Conditions: Surface Science on Crystalline Internal Surfaces"
- Andrew Gewirth "Inorganic Self-Assembled Monolayers"
Opportunities and New Approaches
- Discussion Leader -- John Gland
- Gabor Somorjai "Molecular Surface Chemistry at High pressures: STM and SFG Studies"
- James Gimzewski "Deformation, Conformation, Controlled Supramolecular Assembly and Rupture of Individual Molecules in STM"
- Mike Knotek "Interfacial Chemistry, Physics and Biology Challenges in the National Environmental Agenda"
Opportunities and New Approaches (con't)
- Bill Rogers "Molecular Engineering of Thin Films: The Surface Chemistry of Aluminum Nitride Atomic Layer Growth"
- Peter Norton "Atomically Resolved Studies of CVD of Metals on Silicon: Evidence for Magic Number Metal Cluster Behavior"
- Bruce Koel -- Closing Remarks