Sunday, June 22 - 7:30 PM
1 - ESTABLISHMENT OF BODY PLAN
- Kathryn Anderson (Chair) - "ENU-induced mutations that affect early development of the mouse embryo"
- Cynthia Kenyon - "Positioning migrating cells along the A/P body axis of C. elegans"
- Bruce Bowerman - "SKN-1, cell polarity, and endoderm specification in C. elegans embryos"
- Bill Jeffrey - "Evolving the chordate body plan: Insights from ascidians"
- Liz Robertson - "Nodal signaling during axis formation in the mouse"
Monday, June 23 - 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Matt Scott (Chair) - "Functions of hedgehog pathway genes"
- Jim Posakony - "Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation in the Notch cell signaling pathway"
- Joan Massague - "The TGFß/Smad signaling pathway"
- Roel Nusse - "Interactions between Wnts and frizzleds in cell culture and in flies"
- Ernst Hafen - "Cell signaling during dorsal closure in Drosophila"
- Jon Graff - (short talk) - " TGFß signaling in vertebrate development"
- Ariel Ruiz i Altaba - (short talk) - "Gli-Zic factors in neural patterning and the response to inductive signals"
Monday, June 23 - 7:30 PM to 10 PM
- Hazel Sive (Chair) - "Neural patterning in frogs and fish"
- Cliff Tabin - "Signals mediating left-right asymmetry in the chick embryo"
- Gary Ruvkun - "C. elegans metabolic control by convergent insulin and TGFß signaling pathways"
- Richard Harland - "BMP antagonists in vertebrate development"
- Stephen Cohen - "Axis formation in Drosophila limb development"
- Acaimo Gonzales - (short talk) - "Establishing polarity in Drosophila: AP patterning of the follicle cell epithelium".
Tuesday, June 24 - 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Lee Niswander (Chair) - "Molecular control of vertebrate limb development & cartilage differentiation"
- Eric Olson - "A transcriptional pathway for cardiogenesis"
- Seung Kim - "Development of the endoderm and pancreas"
- Mark Fishman - "Genes which configure the heart in zebrafish"
- Pat O'Farrell - "Avoiding mitosis"
- Ethan Bier - (short talk) - "knirps locus genes define the L2 vein boundary in the Drosophila wing imaginal disc"
- Marnie Halpern - (short talk) - "Loss of chordin function ventralizes the zebrafish embryo"
Tuesday, June 24 - 7:30 PM to 10 PM
5- CELL FATE
- Tom Jessel (Chair) - "BMP signaling and the specification of cell fate in the dorsal neural tube".
- Andrew Lassar - "Regulatory pathways that control muscle formation"
- Manfred Frasch - "Patterning processes during visceral mesoderm and heart formation in Drosophila"
- YuhNung Jan - "Asymmetric cell divisions and the control of neuronal fate"
- Sergei Sokol - (short talk) - "Differential competence to Frizzled signaling during axis determination in Xenopus: structure-functional studies"
- Kevin Moses - (short talk)
Wednesday, June 25 - 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
6- GENE REGULATION
- Barbara Meyer (Chair) - "X chromosome counting mechanisms and dosage compensation in C. elegans"
- Michael Levine - "Gene regulation during Drosophila and Ciona embryogenesis"
- Denis Duboule - "High order regulatory control in the mouse HoxD complex"
- Eric Davidson - "Cis-regulatory hardwiring in the sea urchin embryo"
- Debbie Andrew - (short talk) - "Regulation and formation of the Drosophila salivary gland"
- Pernille Rorth - (short talk) - "Using a novel gene activation screen to analyze transcriptional control of cell migration"
- Victor Ambros - (short talk) - "Translational control and developmental timing in C. elegans".
Wednesday, June 25 - 7:30 PM to 10 PM
7- STEM CELLS AND PROGENITORS
- Connie Cepko (Chair) - "Retinal cell fate determination"
- Ruth Lehmann - "Germcell migration in Drosophila"
- Katia Georgopoulos - "Lymphocyte development: Keeping your Zn fingers crossed"
- Steve Wasserman - "Regulation of the meiotic G2/M transition in males"
- Steve DiNardo - "TGFß /dpp signaling regulates progression through the germ line stem cell lineage"
- Michael Caudy - (short talk) - "Post-translational inhibition of the bHLH neuronal repressor HES-1 contributes to NGF signaling"
Thursday, June 26 - 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Brigid Hogan (Chair) - "Intercellular signaling and branching morphogenesis in the embryonic lung"
- Alan Laughon - "The role of Mad in wing morphogenesis".
- Rob Krumlauf - "Segmentation of the vertebrate hindbrain"
- Andy McMahon - "The role of Wnt-signaling in regulation of sexual dimorphism".
- Chuck Kimmel - "Interactions in zebrafish midline development"
- Randy Moon - (short talk) - "The beta-catenin pathway and axis specification in Xenopus".
- Eric Weinberg - (short talk) - "A zebrafish maternal effect mutation influences A-P and D-V embryonic identities"
Thursday, June 26 - 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
9- CELL BEHAVIOR
- Eric Wieschaus (Chair) - "Microtular-based transport in early Drosophila embryos"
- Benno Shilo - "Signaling by the EGF receptor during Drosophila development"
- Maria Leptin - "Control of gastrulation and early mesoderm differentiation in Drosophila"
- Marianne Bronner Fraser - "BMPs and Wnts regulate patterning of the dorsal somite"