Heterocyclic compounds are an integral feature in modern chemical science. They are foundational in their ability to inspire the development of novel synthetic methods and strategies. Their representation in complex molecule architectures presents unique and intriguing challenges that demand original solutions. Heterocycle units also serve crucial functions; for instance, they can establish the optimal structural and electronic characteristics to engender a targeted biological response. The heterocyclic compound exists as a connective thread, bringing together innovators in catalysis, medicinal and biological chemistry, synthesis, and materials science.
At the 2019 Heterocyclic Compounds GRC, we will see an array of presentations signifying the state-of-the-art in heterocycle chemistry. Cutting-edge presentations from domestic and international leaders in total synthesis, catalysis, methods development, bioorganic chemistry, and pharmaceutical science will comprise the week, reflecting the contemporary problems and ingenious solutions that our field provokes. An impressive slate of poster presentations will highlight additional advances in heterocycle science. The coastal campus of Salve Regina in beautiful Newport provides an excellent setting for stimulating scientific discussions. We hope you will join us at the GRC for what promises to be one of the most exciting chemistry conferences of the year.
The conference will consist of nine sessions, on the topics listed below. The conference chair is currently developing their preliminary program, which will include the names of the invited speakers and discussion leaders for each of these sessions. The preliminary program will be available by October 15, 2018. Please check back for updates.
- New Synthetic Methods Toward Heterocyclic Compounds
- Catalysis in Heterocyclic Contexts
- Route Development and Optimization to Bioactive Heterocycles
- Heterocycles in Complex Molecule Synthesis
- Inventions in Heterocycle-Based Functionalization
- Heterocycles as a Platform for Advances in Synthesis
- Methodological Breakthroughs with Heterocyclic Compounds
- The Interplay of Heterocyclic Compounds and Biological Inquiries
- Prospects in Heterocyclic Chemistry: Synthesis and Related Studies