(Feb 5) Monday Morning - 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Lymphocyte Development: Part I
- Diane Mathis, Discussion Leader
- Bernard Malissen, "Control of Pre-T cell Differentiatio"
- David Schatz, "The gd/ab T cell Split"
Monday Evening - 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Lymphocyte Development: Part II
- Frederick Alt, Discussion Leader
- Katia Georgeopoulos, "Duelling Fingers in Ikaros proteins"
- Marjorie Oettinger, "Biochemistry of V-D-J Recombination"
(Feb 6) Tuesday Morning - 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Cell Death in the Immune System
- Shigekazu Nagata, Discussion Leader
- Yuri Lazebnik, "Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Execution"
- Craig Thompson, "Differential Roles of Lymphokine and Bcl-2-Related Genes in Controlling Lymphocyte Survival"
- Tak Mak, "Thymocyte Negative Selection"
Tuesday Evening - 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Nonconventional Recognition by T cells
- Kirsten Fisher-Lindahl, Discussion Leader
- Michael Brenner, "Non-protein Antigen Presentation to T cells by CD1 Molecules"
- H. R. MacDonald , "Development and Function of NK1+ T cells"
(Feb 7) Wednesday Morning - 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Recognition by Natural Killer Cells
- Eric Long, Discussion Leader
- William Seaman, "Pathways of Inhibition Through NK Lectin-Like Receptors"
- Lewis Lanier, "Inhibitory MHC Receptors on Human NK and T Lymphocytes"
- David Raulet, "Development and Function of MHC-Specific NK Subsets"
Wednesday Evening - 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Costimulation of Lymphocytes
- Jeffrey Bluestone, Discussion Leader
- Arlene Sharpe, "Dissecting the In Vivo Function of the CD28/B7 Co-stimulatory Pathway Using B7-Deficient Mice"
- Garnett Kelsoe, "Role of Co-stimulation in the Development of Ig Hypermutation and T cell Memory"
(Feb 8) Thursday Morning - 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Antigen Presentation to T cells
- Antonio Lanzavecchia, Discussion Leader
- Per Peterson, "Class I Antigen Processing and Presentation"
- Dennis Zaller, "Role of HLA-DM in Antigen Processing"
- Ronald Germain, "Consequences of T cell Receptor Engagement by Variant MHC-Peptide Ligands"
Thursday Evening - 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Andrew McMichael, Discussion Leader
- Didier Trono, "Intracellular Trafficking in HIV Infection"
- George Shaw, "Viral Dynamics in HIV-1 Infection"
(Feb 9) Friday Morning - 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Signal Transduction / Transcriptional Activation
- Gerald Crabtree, Discussion Leader
- Victor Tybulewicz, "The Role of Vav and Syk in Lymphocyte: Development and Function"
- Dan Littman, "Tyrosine Kinases and Lineage: Specification in Thymocyte Development"
- Roger Perlmutter, "Distinct Signals Govern Positive and Negative Selection"