The 2022 Gordon Research Conference on Oxygen Radicals will highlight cutting edge research at the nexus between oxygen radical chemistry/biochemistry and medicine. The program will present new developments in the field ranging from basic chemistry of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species (ROS and RNS) and their reactions with cellular constituents, their signaling functions and relevance for physiology and pathophysiology, analytical and diagnostic methods to novel therapeutic approaches. Specific sessions will address the basic chemistry of oxygen radicals, analytical methods to detect ROS, RNS and products of lipid, protein and DNA oxidation, as well as methods to identify biological targets of oxidative events. In addition, we will discuss signaling functions of ROS and RNS with a special emphasis on their impact on gene regulation and role in disease pathology, especially for age-related degenerative diseases, lung diseases, cardiovascular disorders, and cancer. Emphasis will be given to the role of oxygen radicals in infection and immunity, and to the translation of basic research into novel therapeutic approaches. Presentations will be delivered by a diverse set of speakers that represent current and future leaders in oxygen radical biology and medicine, with additional slots to be filled from selected abstracts. We aim at providing a relaxed and collegial environment that fosters interactions between senior and junior scientists and trainees.
The conference will consist of nine sessions, on the topics listed below. The conference chair is currently developing their preliminary program, which will include the names of the invited speakers and discussion leaders for each of these sessions. Please check back regularly for updates to this information.
- Redox Pathways in Aging and Age-Related Diseases
- Redox Mechanisms in Neurological Diseases
- Novel Methods to Study Redox Signaling
- Oxidative Stress in Infection, Immunity and Pulmonary Diseases
- Redox Signaling in Cardiometabolic Diseases
- Keynote Session: Integrative Cellular Stress Responses: Redox Control of Gene Regulation
- Chemistry and Analysis of Redox Stress
- Redox Biochemistry of Proteins
- Redox Signaling in Cancer Biology and Therapy