Personalized medicine has grown from a part of the vision of precision medicine to part of clinical practice in several settings. While it is still evolving and its promise is not fully realized, personalized medicine is making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and those with rare genetic diseases. Early experience in implementing personalized medicine is both exciting and sobering. It is transforming medical care for the better for some but there is a long way to go for many diseases and it magnifies systemic health inequalities.
At this conference, the entire process of bringing personalized medicine to clinical practice is examined. The scientific sessions will address all relevant issues from the latest technologies and strategies that make personalized medicine possible, to the successes and challenges of implementing it in real life settings, to extending its reach to populations, to making it accessible to all. By bringing the full spectrum of experts and stakeholders to the conference, the participants will gain a broad perspective on the opportunities and challenges of bringing personalized medicine to fruition.
To bring as many trainees to the conference as possible, funding opportunities are available to those who submit abstracts to the conference before the submission deadline.
The conference will consist of nine sessions, on the topics listed below. The conference chair is currently developing their preliminary program, which will include the names of the invited speakers and discussion leaders for each of these sessions. The preliminary program will be available by September 26, 2021. Please check back for updates.
- Genomic Profiling: Tools and Applications
- Precision Oncology: Early Detection
- Clinical, Environmental and Lifestyle Data Analysis
- Personalized Oncology: Tailored Treatment
- Social and Ethical Implications of Personalized Medicine
- Genomic Approaches to Rare Disease Diagnosis
- Genomic Approaches to Infectious Disease Diagnosis
- Common Disease Risk Prediction and Mitigation
- Personalized Medicine for Large Populations