Plant Molecular Biology - Gene Silencing:
- Pamela Green (Discussion Leader)
- William Thompson (N. C. State), "Matrix Attachment Sequences and Transgene Expression
- Pamela Green (Michigan State), "Control of mRNA Stability in Plants''.
- Vicki Chandler (Univ. of Oregon), "Paramutation: an Allelic Interaction that Alters Transcription''.
- Richard Flavell (John Innes Centre), "Chromatin Structure Variation, RNA Processing and Co-Suppression in Transgenic Petunias''.
- Peter Quail (Discussion Leader)
- Tony Cashmore (Univ. of Pennsylvania ), "Blue-light Photoreceptors''.
- Garry Whitelam (Univ. of Leicester, England), "The Phytochrome Family of Photoreceptors''.
- Eberhard Schäfer (Univ. of Freiburg, Germany), "Phytochrome Signal Transduction''.
- Joanne Chory (Salk Institute), "Genetic Analysis of Photosignal Transduction''.
Plant Hormone Action:
- Athanasios Theologis (Discussion Leader)
- Athanasios Theologis (USDA/UCB-PGEC), "Early Genes and Auxin Action''.
- Joe Ecker (Univ. of Pennsylvania), "The Ethylene Signal Transduction Pathway''.
- Tony Bleecker (Univ. of Wisconsin), "Molecular Dissection of the Ethylene Receptor, ETR1, from Arabidopsis''.
- Peter Hedden (Univ. Bristol), "Regulation of Gibberellin 20-Oxidase Gene Expression''.
Plant Disease Resistance:
- Barbara Baker (Discussion Leader)
- Fred Ausubel (MGM), "Identification of Arabidopsis Defense-Related Genes''.
- Brian Staskawicz (U. C. Berkeley), "Signal Transduction Events Specifying Plant Disease Resistance''.
- John Ryals (CIBA-Geigy), "Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Systemic Acquired Resistance''.
- Barbara Baker (USDA/UCB-PGEC), "Characterization of the TMV Resistance Gene, N''.
Plant Cell Biology - Intra- and Intercellular:
- Ralph Quatrano (Discussion Leader)
- Natasha Raikhel (Michigan State University), "Mechanism for the Transport of Soluble Proteins to the Vacuole".
- Danny Schnell (Rutgers Univ.), "Functional Analysis of the Components of the Chloroplast Protein Import Apparatus''.
- Sondra Lazarowitz (University of Illinois), "Intra- and Intercellular Trafficking in Plants: What We Can Learn From Plant Virus Movement''.
- Ralph Quatrano (Univ. of North Carolina), "Requirements for the Polar Transport of Golgi Vesicles in Fucus''.
- Gerry Fink (Discussion Leader)
- Gloria Coruzzi (N.Y. University) , "Mechanisms Regulating Nitrogen Assimilatory Genes in Arabidopsis''.
- Robert Last (Boyce Thompson Institute), "Vitamin C: a Key Player in Varied Plant Defense Responses''.
- Nigel Crawford (U. C. San Diego), "Regulatory Mechanisms in the Nitrate Assimilation Pathway of Arabidopsis''.
- Gerry Fink (Whitehead Institute), "Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tryptophan Biosynthesis in Arabidopsis''.
- Sidney Kustu (U. C. Berkeley), "Prokaryotic Transcriptional Enhancers and Metabolic Control of their Function''.
- Daphne Preuss (Discussion Leader)
- Detlef Weigel (Salk Institute), "Competence to Flower: Lessons from Constitutive Expression of LEAFY''.
- Laurie Smith (Univ. of North Carolina), "Genetic Analysis of Cell Patterning During Maize Leaf Development''.
- Chuck Gasser (U. C. Davis), "Genetic Analysis of Ovule Development in Arabidopsis''.
- Daphne Preuss (Univ. of Chicago), "Pollination in Arabidopsis - Talking Through Walls''.
- Joe Ecker (Discussion Leader)
- Joe Ecker (Univ. of Pennsylvania), "Progess Toward a Complete Map of the Arabidopsis Genome''.
- Mike Bevan (John Innes Center), "The Application of Genome Project Information to Studies in Plant Development''.
- Rob Martienssen (Cold Spring Harbor), "Gene Trap Transposons as Tools for Genome Analysis''
- Ron Davis (Stanford Univ.), "DNA Sequence Technology''.