Discussion Leader: David Baulcombe
Discussion Leader: Paul Schulze-Lefert
- David Baulcombe, John Innes Center - "Genetic & Biochemical Dissection of Gene Silencing in Arabidopsis & Other Plants"
- Shou-Wei Ding, Institute of Molecular Agrobiology, Singapore - "Viral Suppressors of Gene Silencing"
- Judith Bender, Johns Hopkins University - "Genetic Approaches to Gene Silencing"
- Giusseppi Macino, Sezione di Genetica Molecolare, Rome - "Cosuppression and dsRNAi Phenomena are Related"
- Elsbeth Walker, University of Massachusetts - "Cloning of Maize Yellow Stripe1 (ys1), an Iron-regulated gene involved in high affinity Fe(III) uptake"
Discussion Leader: Jeff Dangl
- Jiammin Li, University of Michigan - "BIN2, A New Player in Brassinosteroid Signaling"
- Craig Fairchild, PGEC/University of California, Berkeley - "Photosensory Perception and Signaling by the Phytochromes"
- Julin Maloof, Salk Institute - "Natural Variation in Light Signaling and Response"
- Steve Clark, University of Michgan - "A Receptor Complex Regulating Organ Formation in Arabidopsis"
- Chi-Kuang Wen, University of Maryland - "Role of the GAF domain in the dominant mutant ETR2 ethylene receptor of Arabidopsis"
- Jeff Dangl, University of North Carolina - "Recognition & Response of Arabidopsis to Pathogens"
- Jean Greenberg, University of Chicago - "Causes & Consequences of Programmed Cell Death and Other Cell Fate Changes in Arabidopsis"
- Keith Davis, Paradigm Genetics - "Ozone- An Abiotic Elicitor of the Hypersensitive Response in Plants"
- Hong Gil Nam, Pohang University, Korea - "Genetic Mutations of Arabidopsis with an Altered Senescence Phenotype"
Discussion Leader: Robert Last
|Abiotic Stress Adaptation |
- Anne Britt, University of California, Davis - "Genetics of the DNA Damage-Induced Cell Cycle Checkpoint Response"
- Jian-Kang Zhu, University of Arizona -"A Regulatory Pathway for Plant Salt Tolerance"
- Kris Niyogi, University of California, Berkeley - "Genetic Dissection of Photo-Oxidative Stress Responses"
- John Browse, Washington State University - "Cold Comfort Farm: How Plants Cope with Chilling and Freezing Stress"
Discussion Leader: Barbara Baker
- Barbara Baker, PGEC/University of California, Berkeley - "Molecular-genetic properties of N-mediated resistance to TMV"
- Paul Schulze-Lefert, John Innes Center - "Recognition and Signaling in Powdery Mildew Disease Resistance"
- Xinnian Dong, Duke University - "Signal Transduction in Systemic Acquired Resistance"
- Mary Wildermuth, Harvard Medical School - "Identification of a Novel defense-related SA biosynthetic pathway in Arabidopsis"
- Shunyuan Xiao, University of East Anglia, UK - "Characterization of RPW8, a new class of disease resistance gene from Arabidopsis"
Discussion Leader: Clint Chapple
|The Metabolic Framework of Plant Growth And Defense|
- Gloria Coruzzi, New York University - "Amino Acid Sensing and Signaling in Plants"
- Clint Chapple, Purdue University - "Phenylpropanoid Metabolism in Arabidopsis: New Enzymes for an Old Pathway"
- Jonathan Gershenzon, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Germany - "Regulation of Volatile Terpene Formation after Herbivore Damage"
- James Tumlinson, USDA, Gainsville, Florida - "Chemical Signals that Mediate Tritrophic Plant - Insect Interactions"
- John Celanza, Boston University - "The role of two cytochrome P450s in Tryptophan metabolism in Arabidopsis"
- Winslow Briggs, Carnegie Institution at Stanford University - "Phototropins: A new family of plant photoreceptors"
Discussion Leader: Ueli Grossnicklaus
|Development from Cell to Seed|
Discussion Leader: Steve Tanksley
- Yuval Eshed, University of California, Davis - "The Significance of Polarity for Plant Morphogenesis"
- Anna Koltunow, CSIRO, Australia - "The Central Role of the Ovule in Parthenocarpy and Apomixis"
- Ueli Grossnicklaus, Friedrich Miescher Institute, Switzerland - "Maternal Effects on Seed Development: Genetics and Epigenetics"
- Sheila McCormick, PGEC/University of California, Berkeley - "Mutants Affecting Pollen Development in Arabidopsis Thaliana"
- Alain Tissier, Laboratoire de Radiobiologie Vegetale - "Evidence for a role of an Arabidopsis ATM homolog in meiosis and in the response to gamma irradiation"
- Steve Rounsley, Cereon Genomics - "Low-Pass Whole Genome Shotgun Sequencing: Insghts into Ecotype Variation in Arabidopsis"
- Antoni Rafalski, DuPont Agricultural Genomics - "Sequence diversity mapping of the maize genome"
- Virginia Walbot, Stanford University - "MU Transposon Tagging of Maize Genes"
- Steve Tanksley, Cornell University - "Identification and Cloning of QTL Controlling Fruit Size and Shape in Tomato"
- Jacqueline Heard, Mendel Biotechnology - "Transcription factor gene content of the Arabidopsis genome"