This 2021 GRC/GRS conference will focus on the role of polyamines and polyamine-associated pathways in humans, animal models, microorganisms, and plants. Speaker sessions will feature topics on adult and pediatric cancers, medical genetics, aging, pathogens, and plants. Speakers have been chosen to highlight the most recent discoveries related to the biological roles of polyamines and the important clinical trials investigating polyamine-based targeting therapies for the treatment and prevention of cancer, genetic abnormalities, neurodegenerative disorders, and microbial pathogens.
The conference will consist of nine sessions, on the topics listed below. The conference chair is currently developing their preliminary program, which will include the names of the invited speakers and discussion leaders for each of these sessions. Please check back regularly for updates to this information.
- Late-Breaking Topics
- Clinical Prevention and Treatment of Cancer and Other Diseases
- Polyamines in Stemness, Cancer Metastasis and Invasion
- Inborn Metabolic Diseases and Polyamines in Medical Genetics
- Polyamines and Oxidative Stress in Aging and Degenerative Diseases
- Translational Regulation by Polyamines
- Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products-Derived Drugs
- Polyamines in Plants and Pathogens
- Early-Career Investigator Presentations