Advanced FTIR Applications: (Sunday PM)
Mark Braiman, Syracuse U., Chair
- Richard Palmer, Duke (lead off) - "Pushing the Resolution Limits of Time-Resolved FTIR"
- Michael George, U. Nottingham, UK - "Nanosecond Time-resolved Infrared Spectroscopy in Conventional and Supercritical Fluids"
- Chris Manning, Manning Applied Technology - "Very-Rapid Scan FT-IR Spectrometry"
- Fritz Siebert, Albert-Ludwigs-Universiät, Germany - "Nanosecond Time-resolved Infrared Spectroscopy of Photo-induced Biological Reactions: Examples from Myoglobin,
Halorhodopsin, and Sensory Rhodopsin II"
Imaging Technologies: (Monday AM)
Rina Dukor, Vysis , Chair
- Bruce Chase, DuPont (lead off) - "Polymeric Chain Orientation by Polarized Raman and Infrared Measurements: Imaging without Pictures"
- Stephan Stranick, NIST - "Near-field Infrared Microscopy and Spectroscopy of Thin Films"
- Richard Crocombe, Biorad - "Understanding FT-IR Imaging Technology"
- Curt Marcott, Procter & Gamble - "Industrial Applications of IR Spectroscopic Imaging Using Focal-Plane Array Detectors"
- Linda Kidder, SpectralDimensions - "New Developments in Vibrational Spectroscopic Imaging"
SFG at Solid and Liquid Interfaces: (Monday PM)
John Stephenson, NIST, Chair
- Philippe Guyot-Sionnest, U. Chicago (lead off) - "Vibrational relaxation of CO and CN- at metal-electrolyte interfaces; where metal and solvent compete"
- Mary Shultz, Tufts Univ. - "Aqueous Solution Interfaces and Water on Solid Surfaces Probed with SFG"
- Robert Walker, U. MD - "Solvation at Solid-Liquid Hydrophobic Interfaces"
- Mischa Bonn, Leiden Institute, The Netherlands - ""Femtosecond Surface Vibrational Spectroscopy of CO on Ru(001) during Desorption"
Bio-Organic Spectroscopy: (Tuesday AM)
Peter Kelly, UC Davis, Chair
- Robin Hochstrasser, U. Penn (lead-off) - "Two Dimensional Vibrational Spectroscopy of Peptides."
- Bruce Hudson, Syracuse U. - "Vibrational Spectroscopy with Neutrons: Comparison of Experiment with the Results of Simulations"
- George Atkinson, U. Arizona - "Picosecond Time-Resolved CARS Spectra of Proteins"
- Jim Terner, Virginia Commonwealth U. - "Resonance Raman of Transient Peroxidase Intermediates"
Molecular Dynamics I: (Tuesday PM)
Brian Dyer, Los Alamos National Labs, Chair
- Charles Harris, U. Berkeley (lead-off) - "Femtosecond Infrared Studies of Chemical Bond Activation"
- Sandy Ruhman, Hebrew University - "Simple and not so simple impulsively induced ground state dynamics in I3-"
- Andrei Tokmakoff , MIT - "Femtosecond Vibrational Spectroscopy of Molecular Interactions in Solution"
Quickies: (5 minute presentations with up to two transparencies - Tuesday evening after Dynamics I)
Ted Heilweil, National Institute of Standards & Technology, Chair
Poster or attendees not giving oral presentations are encouraged to share very recent results or initiate discussions early in the meeting by arranging to present at this session
THz Spectroscopy (Wednesday AM)
Robert Peale, U. Central Florida/Zaubertek, Chair
- Klaas Wynne (lead-off) - Strathclyde, UK - "Nonlinear Spectroscopy of Chemical Dynamics with Single-Cycle THz Pulses"
- Norbert Scherer, U. Chicago - "Time Resolved Polarizability and Dipolar Probing of Dynamics in Solutions"
- Charlie Schmuttenmaer, Yale U - "Probing Collective, Low Frequency, Intermolecular Solvent Dynamics with Time-Resolved THz Spectroscopy (TRTS)"
- Susan Dexheimer, Washington State U. - "Ultrafast vibrational dynamics in quasi-one-dimensional solids"
Molecular Dynamics II: (Wednesday PM)
G.N.R. Tripathi, Notre Dame, Chair
- Gilbert Walker, U. Pittsburgh (lead-off) - "Ligand and Macromolecule Dynamics at Solvent Interfaces Examined by Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Infrared Near Field Microscopy"
- Koichi Iwata, U. Tokyo - "Extension of Diffusion Concepts for Fast Processes in Solution"
- Tahei Tahara, Inst. for Molecular Science, Japan - "Photochemical Dynamics Studied by Picosecond and
Femtosecond Vibrational Spectroscopy"
Vibrational Spectroscopy Theory: (Thursday AM)
Gene Mele, U. of Pennsylvania, Chair
- John Tully, Yale (lead-off) - "Rates and Pathways of Vibrational Energy Flow at Surfaces"
- Jim Skinner, U. Wisconsin - "Vibrational frequency shifts and energy relaxation in supercritical fluids"
- Andy Rappe, U. Pennsylvania - "Linking Molecular Overlayer Structure and Surface Vibrational Dynamics"
Vibrational Ring-Down Spectroscopy: (Thursday PM)
Barbara Paldus, Informed-Diagnostics, Inc., Chair
- Joshua Paul, Harvard U. - "Applications of IR Cavity Ringdown Spectroscopy"
- Tom Owano, Informed Diagnostics - "Novel Cavity Ring-Down Techniques and their Application to IR Spectroscopy"
- Christine Bucher, Max-Planck Institute - "Hole-burning of Rovibronic Ethylene Lines studied by Cavity Ring-down Spectroscopy"
Vibrational Coherent Control - Theory & Experiment (time permitting)