New Aspects of AT1 Signaling
- Kevin Catt, Discussion Leader
- Kenneth Bernstein, "Cross talk between G-protein coupled receptors and tyrosine kinase system"
- John H. Exton, "Phospholipids in signaling"
- Mark Taubman and Bradford Berk, "New gene transcription by Ang II"
- Discussants: Laszlo Hunyady, Ian Phillips, Mohan Raizada, Tamas Balla
- Thue W. Schwartz, Discussion Leader
- Valentina Kon, "Renal actions of AT2"
- Monika Stoll, "Signaling of AT2"
- Juan Saavedra, "Brain actions of AT2"
- Discussants: Iekuni Ichikawa, John W. Krege, Hua Tang, Yoshihisa Inouye
Heart and Angiotensin
- Kenneth M. Baker, Discussion Leader
- Issei Komuro, "Cultured cardiac myocytes and angiotensin II receptor"
- Beverley H. Lorell, "Ang II receptor in cardiac hypertrophy"
- Hiroaki Matsubara, "Cardiac angiotensin receptor"
- Discussants: Junichi Sadoshima, David E. Dostal
Genetic Markers in Assessing Cardiovascular Risk Factors
- Gordon Williams, Discussion Leader
- Klaus Lindpaintner, "Genetic determinants of cardiovascular risk factors"
- Steffan Bjorck, "Insulin and angiotensin II in the development of degenerative kidney diseases"
- Xavier Jeunemetre, "Biochemical and functional studies of molecular varients of the angiotensinogen gene"
- Discussant: Howard Jacob
Vascular Cells and Angiogenesis
- Gary Owens, Discussion Leader
- Margaret Kirby, "Cardiovascular patterning"
- Erik Olson, "Molecular control of smooth muscle differentiation"
- Ryozo Nagai, "Vascular smooth muscle cells, biology and development"
- Discussant: Muthu Periasamy
Regulation of Adhesion Molecules by Angiotensin
- Willa Hsueh, Discussion Leader
- David Cherish, "General mechanisam of cell adhesive"
- Ceci Gicchelli, "Angiotensin II on adhesion molecule"
- Thomas Borg, "Interaction of angiotensin II and integrins"
- Discussant: Yang Do
Renal Ion Channels and Angiotensin
- Steven Hebert, Discussion Leader
- Steven Hebert, "Na-K-Cl-cotransporters"
- Gary Schull, "NHE (Na-proton-antiporter)"
- Sei Sasaki, "Water channels"
- Discussant: Mark Donowitz
Renal Lipid Mediators of Angiotensin
- John C. McGiff, Discussion Leader
- Jorge Capdevilla, "The biochemical aspects of the arachidonate cascade as it relates to peptides"
- Jerry L. Nadler, "Role of the 12-lipoxygenase in mediating angiotensin actions"
- David R. Harder, "Cellular ionic mechanism of fatty acid induced signal transduction in arterial muscle: modification by Angiotensin II"
- Discussants: B. Escalante, J. Douglas, M. Tuck, A. Nasjletti, A. S. Greene