Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Getting ThereHong Kong University of Science and Technology
| HKUST Jockey Club Institute for Advanced Study | Clear Water Bay | Hong Kong
GRC Chartered Bus Service
GRC offers a chartered bus service on Friday at the end of the conference from the hotel to the Hong Kong International airport. Reservations are required and tickets are $25USD.
Hong Kong International Airport - 16 miles from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Parking at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is free.
Childcare & Guest Services
GRC offers guest and child registration packages that allow guests to share your accommodations and join you at meals. Children under 4-years-old are free of charge and children ages 4-12 receive a 50% discount. Additional information is available in the childcare and guest guide for this GRC venue. You may register guests when you complete your conference registration by indicating who will be joining you (all registered guests receive badges for access to meals). Please note that guests of any age are not able to attend science or poster sessions. This venue requires children under the age of 16 to be accompanied by an adult at all times, and childcare services are not available. Unfortunately, childcare recommendations are not available for this venue. We suggest you conduct online searches or speak with other people attending the conference to identify services that might be available during your conference.
Arrival & Conference Essentials
Please download the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology information sheet for details about the venue and your stay.
- GRS check-in is on Saturday between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm on the ground floor lobby of the HKUST Jockey Club Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) Lo Ka Chung Building.
- GRC check-in is on Sunday between 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm on the ground floor lobby of the HKUST Jockey Club Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) Lo Ka Chung Building.
- The GRC conference office is located on the 1st floor of the IAS Lo Ka Chung Building (Room 1028).
- On-site attendees arriving after the GRC office closes at 8:00 pm on Sunday should go to the registration desk in the lobby of IAS Lo Ka Chung Building and follow the instructions at the registration desk to the Conference Lodge for check-in. Both on-site and off-site attendees arriving after GRC conference office hours should contact the GRC Staff on the following day to obtain their badge.
- Check-out on Friday is at 10:00 am. Early check-in and late check-out are not available.
- All conference meals are served buffet style. Breakfast for on-site conferees will be served at the Conference Lodge. Lunch and dinner are served on the first floor of the IAS Lo Ka Chung Building. Vegetarian and vegan entrees are available at all meals and other dietary restrictions or concerns can be accommodated with advance notice. If you have food allergies or dietary requirements please let us know when you register for the conference. Kosher meals and Halal meals are not available. A Halal food counter is available on campus - conferees may purchase Halal meals at his/her own cost.
- Casual attire is appropriate at GRCs.
- This site is handicap accessible.
- Conferees will have the opportunity to visit Tsim Sha Tsui. Information about other local tours will be available on site in the GRC Office.
- In preparation for your meeting, you may want to download a first-time attendee guide.