University of Southern Maine
Arrival & Conference Essentials
- Please download the University of Southern Maine information sheet for details about the venue and your stay.
- GRS check-in is on Saturday between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm in Portland Commons.
- GRC check-in is on Sunday between 2:00 pm and 9:00 pm in Portland Commons.
- Check-out on Friday is at 10:00 am. Early check-in and late check-out are not available.
- Casual attire is appropriate at GRCs.
- This site is handicap accessible.
- All conference meals are served buffet style in the McGoldrick Center for Career & Student Success. Vegetarian and vegan entrees are available at all meals and other dietary restrictions or concerns can be accommodated with advance notice. If you have food allergies, dietary requirements, or require kosher meals, please let us know when you register for the conference.
- Conferees can use the campus athletic facilities with a fitness center, soccer field, basketball court, flag football, biking, hiking and more.
- Advance travel planning and early visa application are strongly encouraged for non-US citizens traveling to the United States. Visit the US Department of State: Bureau of Consular Affairs web site for more information. After you have been accepted to a GRC conference, you may request a letter of support from the conference chair to assist in your visa application if required.
- In preparation for your meeting, you may want to download a first-time attendee or international visitor guide.