Discussion Leader: Art Janata, Georgia Tech University
|Sunday, 7:30pm ||Materials / New Technologies|
- 7:30p Al Bard, University of Texas, Austin: "New Scanning Probe Studies of Interfaces
- 8:30p Mike Ward, University of Minnesota: "Electrochemical Growth of Epitaxial Organic Films on van der Waals Substrates"
Discussion Leader: Bruce Parkinson, Colorado State University
|Monday, 8:45am||Materials / New Technologies|
- 8:30a PICTURE BREAK
- 8:45a Paul Bohn, University of Illinois: "Active Control of Surface Transport with Electrochemically Generated Chemical Potential Gradients
- 9:45 BREAK
- 10:00 Joe Hupp, Northwestern University: "Designing New Molecular Materials for Nanoscale Sieving, Sensing, and Selective Catalysis
- 11:20 Masimichi Fujihira,Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama: "Study of electrode-solution interfaces by scanning probe microscopies
Discussion Leader: Mark Thompson University of Southern California
- 7:30p Campbell Scott, IBM Research, Almaden: "Charge Transport Processes in Organic Light Emitting Diodes"
- 8:30p Bruno Scrosati, University of Rome: "Composite ionic membranes: properties and applications"
Discussion Leader: Dan Scherson Case Western University
|Tuesday, 8:45am|| Materials / Surfaces / Interfaces|
- 8:45a Bruce Dunn, Univ. California, Los Angeles: "Electrochemistry of High Surface Area Sol-Gel Materials
- 9:45a BREAK
- 10:00a Phil Ross, Lawerence Berkeley Laboratories: "Surface Reactions of Lithium with Battery Electrolyte Solvents"
- 11:00a Manny Soriaga, Texas A&M University: "The (Unique) Interfacial Chemistry of Palladium Electrodes
Discussion leader: Werner Kuhr, University of California, Riverside
|Tuesday, 7;15pm|| New Investigators|
- 7:15p Rosina Georgiadis, Boston University: "Measurements and modeling of biopolymer film formation and molecular interpenetration at solid/liquid interfaces
- 7:55p Merlin Bruening, Michigan State University: "Layered Polyelectrolyte Films as anti-corrosion Coatings and Semipermeable Membranes"
- 8:35p Sue Ferrere, National Renewable Energy Laboratories: "Dye Sensitization With Iron Bipyridyl Complexes A
- 9:15p Sylvia Daunert, Univ. Kentucky: "Reporter Enzymes in Genetically Engineered Sensing Systems
Discussion Leader: George Wilson, University of Kansas
- 8:45a Dan Nocera, Mass. Institute of Technology: "Proton Coupled Electron Transfer
- 9:45a BREAK
- 10:00a Mark Meyerhoff, University of Michigan: "Novel Electrochemical Sensors for Biomedical Measurements: From Non-Equilibrium Potentiometry of Polyions to In Vivo Devices Based on Nitric Oxide Release Polymers"
- 11:00a Andy Ewing, Penn State University: "Electrochemical Modeling of Neurotransmitter Transport at Single Cells"
Discussion Leader: Anne Plant, NIST
- 7:30p Fred Hawkridge, Virginia Commonwealth University: "Electron Transfer Reactions and Coupled Chemical Reactions of Cytochrome Oxidase in an Electrode Supported Bilayer Membrane
- 8:30p Jim Rusling, University of Connecticut: "Bioelectrochemisty in Thin Films
Discussion Leader: Greg Swain, Utah State University
|Thursday, 8:45am||Bioelectrochemistry / New Technologies|
- 8:45a BUSINESS MEETING
- 9:15A Henry White, University of Utah: "Iontophoretic Transport in Biological and Synthetic Membranes
- 10:15 BREAK
- 10:30a Marc Porter, Iowa State University: "Electrochemistry and Miniaturized Analytical Instrumentation"
Discussion Leader: Debra Rolison, Naval Research Laboratory
|Thursday, 7:00pm|| Open Session|