Sunday Evening (7:30-9:30)
Chair-facilitator: John Anderson, Carnegie Mellon U.
- Edward J. Kramer, Cornell U. - "Phase separation in thin films of isotropic polymer mixtures"
- Michael L. Greenfield, Ford Motor Co. - "Molecular simulation of gas permeation through polymeric materials"
Monday Morning (9:00-12:30)
Chair-facilitator: Clark Colton, MIT
- Mathias Ulbricht, GKSS - "Photografting functionalizations of porous polymer membranes"
- Pierre Aimar, CNRS - Toulouse - "The role of stability and of drag forces on coagulation of colloids at a membrane interface"
- Andrew L. Zydney, U. Delaware - "Protein separations using membrane filtration"
Monday Evening (7:30-9:30)
Chair-facilitator: Bill Koros, U. Texas - Austin
- Lloyd M. Robeson, Air Products & Chem. Inc. - "Group contribution methodology applied to predict permeability and permselectivity of aromatic polymers"
- Klaus-V. Peinemann, GKSS - "Composite membranes for gas separation- ultrathin coatings from glassy polymers"
Tuesday Morning (9:00-12:30)
Chair-facilitator: John Quinn, U. Pennsylvania
- John L. Anderson, Carnegie Mellon - "Gels in porous media: new separation devices"
- Steve L. Regen, Lehigh U. - "Perforated membranes"
- Michael D. Guiver, NRC Canada - "Polysulfone modification chemistry and potential applicability to membranes"
Tuesday Evening (7:30-9:30)
Chair-facilitator: Steve Matson, Arete Technologies
- Anthony G. Fane, U. NSW - "Non-invasive methods for characterizing membranes & membrane processes"
- Heiner Strathmann, Twente U. - "Mass transport limitations at mono- and bipolar membranes"
- William B. Krantz, U. Colorado - "Real time noninvasive techniques for studying membrane formation, compaction and fouling"
Wednesday Morning (9:00- 12:30)
Chair-facilitator: George Gavalas, Caltech
- Theodore T. Tsotsis USC - "Reactive separations using inorganic membranes"
- Yi Hua Ma, Worcester Polytechnic I. - "Inorganic membranes for partial oxidation of methane"
- C. Jeffrey Brinker, U. New Mexico - "Porosity engineering in silica membranes"
Wednesday Evening (7:30-9:30)
Chair-facilitator: Vinay Goel, Millipore
- Harry F. Ridgeway, OCWD - "Molecular modeling of organic adsorption interactions with polymer separation membranes"
- Uwe Hömmerich, RWTV - "Design and optimization of combined pervaporation/distillation processes for the production of MTBE"
- Mark M. Clark, U. Illinois - "Fouling of UF membranes in natural water filtration"
Thursday Morning (9:00-12:30)
Chair-facilitator: Gunnar Jonsson, Danish Tech. U.
- Christian Guizard, E.N.S. Chimie - "A general approach through colloid science of pore formation and mass transfer in ceramic membranes"
- Guilio Sarti, Bologna U. - "Solubilities of gases and vapors in glassy polymers: predictions and correlations based on the nelf model"
- Shintaro Furusaki, U. Tokyo - "Development of functional membranes by radiation-induced graft polymerization"
Thursday Evening (7:30-9:30)
Chair-facilitator: Georges Belfort
- Takeo Shimidzu, Kansai Research I. - "New membranes through electrons and photons"
- Erik Sackmann, T. U. Munchen - "Supported membranes and biofunctionalization"
Poster Sessions: (4:30-6:00 PM)
Chair-facilitator: Richard Noble, U. of Colorado