1. Signal transduction I - Sunday pm
- Lew Cantley (Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA), Session Chair - "Signaling via PI 3-kinase"
- Dafna Bar-Sagi (Cold Spring Harbor, NY) - "Ras signaling in mitogenesis and oncogenesis"
- Debbie Morrison (Frederick Cancer Research Center, MD) - "Regulation of the KSR and Raf-1 kinases in Signaling Cascades"
- Margaret Chou (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA) - "Cdc42 cooperates with other oncogenes in cell cycle progression"
2. Signal transduction II - Monday am
- Ben Neel (Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA), Session Chair - "Signaling by tyrosine phosphatases"
- Doreen Cantrell (ICRF, London, UK) - "Signaling by cytokines"
- Roger Davis (University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA) - "Signal transduction by the JNK pathway"
- Nahum Sonenberg (McGill University, Montreal, Canada) - "Signalling to the translation machinery: effects on the mRNA 5' cap recognition process"
3. Transcription - Monday pm
- Jerry Crabtree, Session Chair (Stanford University Med. Sch., Stanford, CA) - "The calcium/calcineurin/NF-AT signaling pathway in development and cell proliferation"
- Joe Nevins (Duke University, Durham, NC) - "The Rb/E2F pathway in cell growth control"
- Frank Rauscher (The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA) - "Regulation of the neoplastic phenotype by transcriptional receptors"
- Art Alberts (ICRF, London, UK) - "Regulation of transcription by the Rho-family GTPases"
4. Cell Cycle I - Tuesday am
- Jim Roberts (University of Washington, Seattle, WA), Session Chair - "Cell cycle control by CDKs and CDK inhibitors"
- Nick Dyson (MGH Charlestown, MA) - "Control of cell proliferation by E2F and by RB-family proteins"
- David Morgan (UC San Francisco) - "Under the hood with the cell cycle engine"
- J. Julian Blow (ICRF, London, UK) - "The licensing of replication origins in xenopus"
5. Cell Cycle II - Tuesday pm
- Helen Piwnica-Worms (Washington University School of Med., St. Louis, MO), Session Chair - "Reversible phosphorylation and mitotic control"
- Marc Kirschner (Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA) - "Proteolysis and cell cycle progression"
- Rebecca Heald (EMBL Heidelberg, Germany) - "Spindle assembly in Xenopus egg extracts: respective roles of centrosomes and microtubule self-organization"
- Kun Ping Lu (Salk Institute, San Diego, CA) - "Role of the Human Pin1 and Pin2 in Mitotic Regulation and Telomere Maintenance"
6. Oncogenes, Checkpoints and Cancer - Wednesday am
- Bob Eisenman (University of Washington, Seattle, WA), Session Chair - "The Max transcription factor network regulates proliferation and differentiation"
- Ann Marie Pendergast (Duke University Med. Ctr., Durham. NC) - "Cellular targets of normal and oncogenic forms of the ABL tyrosine kinase"
- Carol Prives (Columbia University, New York, NY) - "Signalling to the p53 tumor suppressor protein"
- Titia de Lange (Rockefeller University, New York, NY) - "Length control of human telomeres"
- Rey-Huei Chen (UC San Francisco, SF, CA) - "Regulation of the metaphase to anaphase transition by the spindle assembly checkpoint"
7. Extracellular Matrix / Cytoskeletal Architecture - Wednesday pm
- Tom Parsons (Univ. of Virginia, Charlottesville. VA), Session Chair - "Integrin signaling: a central role for focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and Src?"
- Caroline Damsky (Univ. of California, San Francisco, CA) - "Regulation of gene expression by signals from extracellular matrix"
- John Collard (Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands) - "Tiam1-Rac signaling and tumor formation, invasion and neuronal differentiation"
8. Differentiation and Development - Thursday am
- Tom Curran (St. Jude’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN), Session Chair - "Reelin and the control of cell migration in the developing brain"
- Lou Tartaglia (Millenium, Cambridge, MA) - "Leptin receptor signaling"
- Phil Soriano (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Res. Inst., Seattle, WA) - "Tyrosine kinase signaling in mouse development"
- Malcolm Whitman (Harvard Medical School) - "Assembly of an activin signaling complex"
9. Drug Discovery - Molecular Targets for Therapy - Thursday pm
- Joan Brugge (Ariad, Cambridge, MA), Session Chair - "Integrin cell adhesion receptor regulation of lipid and protein kinases"
- Frank McCormick (Onyx, Richmond, CA) - "Raf effector pathways in transformed cells"
- Allen T. Oliff (Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA) - "Targeting the molecular basis of cancer"