Sunday, July 13, evening: Oscillatory reactions (7:30 - 9:45 pm)
Discussion Leader: S. Scott
- P. Soerensen - "Geometric studies of oscillatory reactions"
- M. Hauser - "Complex dynamics in metalloporphyrin-containing single enzyme
systems: the peroxidase-oxidase reaction and a synthetic cytochrome P450 model"
Monday, July 14, morning: Electrochemistry (9:15 am - 12:30 pm)
Discussion Leader: J. Hudson
- M. Koper - "Classification of electrochemical oscillators by impedance spectroscopy"
- N. Jaeger - "The electrodissolution of cobalt electrodes: experiments on spatiotemporal patterns"
- K. Krischer and M. Eiswirth - "Long-range coupling in electrochemical systems: Pattern formation in reaction-migration equations"
Monday, July 14, evening: Spatial patterns and waves, I (7:30 - 9:30 pm)
Discussion Leader: P. DeKepper
- J. Boissonade - "Turing patterns in real reactors: questions and answers"
- A. DeWit - "Pattern selection in reaction-diffusion systems with competing bifurcations"
Tuesday, July 15, morning: Spatial patterns and waves, II (9:00 am - 12:30 pm)
Discussion Leader: K. Showalter
- R. Imbihl - "Chemical waves on surfaces"
- V. Petrov - "Resonant pattern formation in reaction-diffusion systems"
- J. Pearson - "Complex patterns in reaction-diffusion systems"
Tuesday, July 15, evening: Short talks, I (7:30 - 10:30 pm)
Discussion Leader: R. Larter
- R. Siegel, J.-C. Leroux, and X. Zou - "Periodic pulsatile drug delivery based on an automonous enzyme/hydrogel oscillator"
- P. Shen, A. Arkin, and J. Ross - "A test case of correlation metric construction of a reaction pathway from measurements"
- H.-D. Foersterling - "How does the Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction work?"
- Z. Noszticzius - "Chemical waves in non-uniform membranes"
- I. Schreiber, V. Nevoral, and M. Marek - "Chemical signal transmission through arrays of excitable cells"
- Break (30 min)
- R. Simoyi - "Pattern formation in diffusion-convection-reaction systems"
- J. Pojman - "The effect of convection on propagating fronts of polymerization"
- A. Muenster - "Turing-patterns in the methylene blue-sulfide ion-oxygen system and control by light and an electric field"
- I. Z. Kiss, V. Gaspar, L. Nyikos, and P. Parmananda - "Controlling chaotic current oscillations during electrodissolution of copper in phosphoric acid"
- K. Bar-Eli and R. Field - "Earth average tempurature: a delay-time approach"
Wednesday, July 16, morning: Biological applications, I (9:00 am - 12:30 pm)
Discussion Leader: J. Tyson
- A. Goldbeter - "Biochemical oscillations and cellular rhythms"
- B. Novak - "What can chemical kinetic theory tell us about control of the eukaryotic cell cycle?"
- G. Odell - "Cell-cycle periodic cytoskeletal dynamics in the syncytial Drosophila embryo"
Wednesday, July 16, evening: Theory (7:30 - 9:30 pm)
Discussion Leader: J. Ross
- E. Meron - "A kinematic approach to spiral-wave nucleation"
- A. Mikhailov - "Microscopic self-organization of enzymic reactions in small volumes"
- R. Kapral - "Stochastic models of chemical pattern formation"
Thursday, July 17, morning: Biological applications, II (9:00 am - 12:30 pm)
Discussion Leader: I. Epstein
- D. Lauffenberger - "Autocrine ligand-receptor signaling--cell sonar?"
- A. Bugrim - "Calcium release by channel clusters underlies intracellular calcium waves"
- J. Keener - "Elimination of spiral wave activity in cardiac tissue (defibrillation)"
Thursday, July 17, evening: Short talks, II (7:30 - 9:00 pm)
Discussion Leader: R. Field
- A. Zhabotinsky, M. Dolnik, A. Rovinski, and I. Epstein - "Short-wave instability in reaction-diffusion systems"
- G. Dewel, P. Borckmans, S.P. Kuznetsov, and E. Mosekilde - "A new pattern formation mechanism in a convectively unstable state"
- A. Pumir and V. Krinsky - "Two biophysical mechanisms of defibrillation of cardiac tissue"
- V.M. Fernandes de Lima and W. Hanke - "Experimental model of excitation waves in grey matter"
- D. Barkley - "The heart of excitability in the excitability of the heart"
- A. Pertsov - "Control of spatial orientation and lifetime of scroll rings in excitable media"
Business Meeting (9:00 - 9:30 pm)
Presiding: J. Tyson