Discussion Leader: Lisa Shantz, Penn. State Univ.
- Diane McCloskey, Penn State Univ.
The relationship between SSAT and cellular resistance to polyamine analogues.
- Stephane Pyronnet , McGill Univ
Cell-cycle dependent translational control of ODC.
- Sidney Morris, Univ. Pittsburgh
Arginine metabolic enzymes as potential regulators of polyamine synthesis.
Discussion Leader: Debra Kramer, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
|Monday Morning||Cell cycle regulation/cell death|
- Stina Oredsson, University of Lund
Early molecular consequences on cell cycle regulatory proteins by polyamine biosynthesis inhibition.
- Kazuei. Igarashi, Chiba University
Physiological functions of polyamines at the molecular level and in vivo.
- Craig Byus, Univ. Cal. Riverside
Regulation of gene expression following ODC over expression.
Discussion Leader: Leena Alhonen, Univ. Kupio
|Monday Morning||Transgenic Approaches|
Discussion Leader: Carl W. Porter, Univ. Buffalo and RPCI
- Susan Gilmour, Lankenau Medical Res. Ctr.
Essential role of ornithine decarboxylase and polyamines in epidermal tumorigenesis
- Catherine Coleman, Penn State Medical School
Targeted expression of SSAT increases susceptibility to chemically-induced skin
- Chaim Kahana, Weizmann Insitute
Phosphorylation cascades regulate polyamine transport and ion homeostasis.
- Richard Poulin, Laval Univ
Mammalian polyamine transport: mechanism and novel competitive inhibitors.
- Joseph Satriano, U. California, San Diego
Agmatine, the other polyamine, in mammalian cells.
Discussion Leader: Nello Bagni, U. Bologna
|Tuesday Morning||Plants and food|
- Antonio Tiburcio, Univ. Barcelona
Localization of polyamine biosynthetic enzymes in plants.
- Tony Michael, Inst. of Food Research
Unwrapping the enigma of polyamine function in plants.
Discussion Leader: Charles Henley, AMGEN
|Tuesday Evening||Ion Channels|
- Anne Delcour, University of Houston
Polyamines and the control of bacterial outer membrane permeability.
- Colin Nichols, Washington Univ.
Polyamine block of Kir channels: towards a molecular picture.
- Jian-Ying Wang, U. MD, VA Ctr.
Regulation of K+ Channel Expression by Polyamines during Intestinal
Epithelial Cell Migration
Discussion Leader: Alex Khumatov, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Pat Woster, Wayne State Univ.
Terminally aralkylated polyamine analogues with significant antiparasitic activity.
- Jean-Guy Delcros, Univ. Renne
Using or inhibiting the polyamine transport system: one and the same thing?
Discussion Leader: John Cleveland, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
|Wednesday Morning||Enzyme structure and function|
- Meg Phillips, UT Southwestern
Structural and functional analysis of Trypanosoma brucei ornithine decarboxylase
- Andrea Mattevi, University of Pavia
Structural and crystallographic studies on polyamine oxidase.
Discussion Leader: Olle Heby, Umeâ Univ.
- Rolf Walter, Bernhard Nocht Inst.
The bifunctional ODC/AdoMetDC of Plasmodium falciparum and its role and function in the polyamine metabolism of the human malaria parasite.
- Nigel Yarlett, Pace Univ.
Polyamine scavenging by parasitic protozoa.
Discussion Leader: Gene Gerner, U. Arizona
|Thursday Morning||Clinical Aspects|
- Bruce Zetter, Harvard Med. Sch.
Regulation of prostate cell growth by antizyme
- Nancy Davidson, Johns Hopkins Univ.
Polyamine analogs as treatment for breast cancer.
- Graham Shaw, Trinity College, Dublin
Behavioural indices of polyamine function in the CNS.
|Thursday Evening||Keynote Address|
- Laurence Marton, SLIL Biomedical Corp.
Therapeutic implications for polyamine analogs in a new paradigm for disease causation.