GRC, through Concord Coach Lines, provides a chartered bus service from the Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport in Boston, MA to Stonehill College in Easton, MA. In order to make use of this service, you must reserve a seat on the bus in advance no later than the Sunday prior to the conference.
Jump to Section:
Departure from the Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport
Departure times are 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm on the first day of the Conference (Sunday). The travel time from Logan Airport to the site is approximately 45 minutes.
Gordon Research Seminar (GRS) Buses
The departure information listed above applies to GRCs only (5-day meetings that begin on Sunday). If you are attending a Gordon Research Seminar (2-day meetings that begin on the Saturday preceding an associated GRC), there is only one bus available. The GRS bus leaves the Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport on Saturday at 12:30 pm. If you are attending both the GRS and the GRC and would like to make a round-trip reservation, please select your return bus when you register for the GRC. If you are not attending the GRC after the GRS, you will be responsible for your own transportation to the airport on Sunday.
The GRC chartered bus departs from the Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport (207 Porter Street, Boston, MA). A room has been reserved at the Embassy Suites on Sunday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. Attendees are free to relax in this room while waiting to be picked up by the GRC chartered bus. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus from the Airport. Attendees should call the Embassy Suites (617-567-5000) to let them know that they are waiting for the shuttle. There are courtesy phones for the hotel at each baggage claim area. The hotel shuttle bus picks up outside of each terminal under the "Hotel Shuttle" sign.
When making travel plans, please take into account the extra time you will need to get to the Embassy Suites. It can easily take 30 minutes or more to reach the hotel once your plane arrives. We also recommend being at the hotel at least 45 minutes before the scheduled bus departure time. Please plan your travel times accordingly.
The fare is $45.00 per person EACH WAY regardless of destination. The bus charge will be refunded only if cancellation of the bus reservation is received in the GRC office by the Sunday prior to the Conference.
Bus Changes & Cancellations
You may make changes to (or cancel) your bus reservation any time up to the Sunday prior to the conference and receive a full refund. Bus reservations may be made in three ways:
- When registering for the conference, you will be asked to make a bus reservation.
- After completing the conference registration, you will receive an electronic receipt via email. This receipt contains a link which will allow you to make, change or cancel your reservation.
- Prior to the conference, if you haven't already made a bus reservation, an email reminder will be sent with a link that will allow you to make a reservation.
Departure from the Conference Site
The GRC chartered bus departs from the conference site at approximately 9:00 am on Friday morning to take attendees to the airport. Reservations for the return chartered bus to Logan Airport, Boston, MA may be arranged in advance or at the Conference location prior to Wednesday at 12:00 pm EST.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I made a bus reservation. When will I be receiving bus tickets or a confirmation?
- Please allow 1-2 business days to process your bus reservation. An updated registration receipt, including your bus reservation, will automatically be e-mailed to you - the participant ONLY. Bus tickets are not issued.
- I did not make a bus reservation when I registered. How can I make one now?
- You may make a bus reservation by clicking on the link included in your conference registration receipt email. Scroll about halfway down the page and you will see a line that states "Bus service is available to this site. Click here to make a bus reservation at any time". Clicking on this link will enable you to access the GRC Bus Reservation System. In addition, four weeks prior to the meeting, a bus reservation reminder link will be sent to you. If you do not have your conference registration receipt email, you may request a bus reservation link via the GRC contact information page. Simply go to that page, select your meeting from the list, and refer to the instructions in the Bus Reservations section.
Please note: Bus reservations must be made no later than the Sunday prior to the start of the meeting.
- How do I make changes or cancel my bus reservation?
- You may change or cancel a bus reservation by clicking on the link included in your conference registration receipt email. Scroll about halfway down the page and you will see a line that states "Click here to change your bus reservation at any time". Clicking on this link will enable you to access the GRC Bus Reservation System. If you do not have your conference registration receipt email, you may request a bus reservation link via the GRC contact information page. Go to that page, select your meeting from the list, and refer to the instructions in the Bus Reservations section.
- Will the bus wait?
- The bus departs as scheduled and will not wait. We recommend arriving at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Please plan you travel times accordingly.
- What do I do if I miss the bus?
- You can take the next GRC bus (provided space is available). If you miss all the GRC buses, you are responsible for your own transportation. Please refer to the "Travel Information" menu option above for a list of other transportation options.
- How do I know what pickup time I made the reservation for?
- The bus pickup reservation time is listed on your registration receipt. Your return reservation time will be coordinated at the conference site.